- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Meringue Torte Recipe
|Chocolate||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Soda crackers||10 , crushed|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 272.3 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Keep chocolate above hot water and melt it.
3. Beat egg whites to a stiff form, avoiding drying. Slowly add sugar and beat till stiff peaks form. Add vanilla, cracker crumbs and chocolate steadily into the mixture.
4. Using a heavy brown paper cover the cookie sheet. Arrange the mixture in two circles of 8 inches and bake for about 12 minutes.
5. Cool well, moisten the brown paper bottom to remove the paper from cake.
6. Add ice cream between the cake layers as well as for topping and serve.