- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.9 mg
Sodium 233.6 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.2%
Sugars 105.3 g
Protein 15 g30.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.4% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Take a sauce pan and add egg yolks to it. The egg yolks should beaten untill they become lemon colored and smooth.
3. Add sugar mixture to milk mixture and cook it over 20 minutes.
4. Take the mixture down and add vanilla to it.
5. Spoon this filling in a pastry shell.
6. Wait till the mixture becomes completely cold. When done spread maringue over filling .
7. Egg white used in the preparation of dish should be able to added at this stage. You need to stop cooking this temprature till it forms soft peaks.
8 Add sugar to this mixutre till it forms stiff forms.
9. Portion out meringue filling over the edge of pastry. And sprinkle flaked coconut over it.
10. Bake at 425 till the dish turns golden brown. It is baked till it turns golden brown in color.
11. Serve this pie with any drink of your choice.