- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||3 Ounce|
|Egg whites||2 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||10 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 567 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 181.1 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 99.5 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 3.2% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 325°F.
2) Set a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Add the chocolate and stir to melt it.
3) Take off from heat and keep the chocolate at room temperature to cool.
4) Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and salt together until frothy.
5) Add cream of tartar and whip the mixture till soft peak forms.
6) Gently add sugar and beat the mixture till stiff peak forms when the beaters are lifted from the bowl.
7) Add cocoa and melted chocolate.
8) On a foil-covered baking sheet drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls.
9) Place baking sheet in the oven and bake meringues for 13 to 15 minutes till tops have cracked.
10) Let the baking sheet stand for 10 minutes.
11) Using a metal spatula transfer the meringues to a rack to finish cooling.
12) Transfer them in an airtight container for 2 days and freeze for up to 6 months between sheets of wax paper.
13) Serve as a snack.