- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Chocolate Marquise Recipe Video
|Okra||20 Medium (or enough ladyfingers to line a loaf pan)|
|Dark chocolate||12 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Pound, chopped (at room temperature)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 984 Calories from Fat 659
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.3%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g227.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 221.8 mg73.9%
Sodium 62.2 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.4%
Sugars 54.2 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a 4 cup loaf pan with plastic wrap, then line with ladyfingers.
2) In a bowl over hot water, melt the chocolate and butter stirring constantly. Allow to cool.
3) Separate the eggs, whisk the egg yolks until light yellow.
4) Then whisk in chocolate and cognac.
5) In a separate bowl beat the whites until medium peaks form, and then gradually add sugar while still beating until stiff peaks form and whites are glossy.
6) Stir about one quarter of the whites into the chocolate mixture, then carefully fold in the remaining whites just until no streaks remain.
7) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and cover with plastic wrap.
8) Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before unmolding.
9) Slice the marquise and serve.