- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Macaroon Tarts Recipe
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 , melted|
|Macaroon cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.9%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.2 mg
Sodium 487 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a double boiler and combine sugar and salt in the top bowl of the boiler.
2) Next, mix milk in the flour mixture and stir well.
3) Place the boiler on low flame until the mixture acquires a thick consistency. Stir continuously.
4) Take a clean bowl and beat egg yolks in it.
5) Now, add the hot flour mixture to egg yolks and blend well.
6) Splatter butter and chocolate and place the entire mixture on the double boiler.
7) Further, broil the mixture for about 3 minutes. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
8) Once cooled, stir in vanilla, egg whites, and macaroon crumbs.
9) Lastly, pour equal amounts of this filling on the tart shells
10) Serve chilled with whipped cream.