- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Lime Swirl Recipe
|Lime jelly powder||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce, chilled to ice stage (1 Large Can)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||4 Drop|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.4 mg
Sodium 64 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a deep 9 inch pie tin.
2. Line sides of pin tin uniformly using cookies. Do not discard remaining cookies. Crush them in an electric mixer.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter and mix well.
4. Spread ¾ quantity of cookie mixture uniformly on pie tin bottom and press gently. Keep aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine jelly powder, hot water, lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and keep aside.
6. In a medium sized bowl, place chilled milk and beat well till it is frothy and stiff in texture.
7. Add prepared jelly mixture and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
8. Add colour and grated rind and mix well.
9. Transfer on to lined pie bottom and spread evenly.
10. Top with remaining cookie mixture as a garnish. You can make any design pattern like swirl, circle etc using this mixture.
11. Freeze for minimum 3 hours or refrigerate till set.
12. Before serving, thaw a little by placing a t room temperature. Cut into slices and serve chilled.