- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
|Cocoa dutch||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate icing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4605 Calories from Fat 1685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g298.5%
Saturated Fat 110 g549.8%
Trans Fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 388.9 mg
Sodium 3313.4 mg138.1%
Total Carbohydrates 748 g249.4%
Dietary Fiber 60.4 g241.6%
Sugars 447.6 g
Protein 71 g142%
Vitamin A 88.8% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 102.2% Iron 225.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line three 8-inch baking pans with nonstick baker's paper.
3. Combine the cocoa with 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, and the milk. Cook over very low heat until the mixture is thick. Cool.
4. Cream the butter and the remaining cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in 1 whole egg and 2 yolks.
5. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
6. Fold in the sifted flour, sour cream, and batter, alternating one after another. Beat in the cocoa mixture, vanilla, and almond extract.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overcook. Turn out onto racks. Spread with Chocolate Icing. Makes 3 8-inch layers.