- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Layer Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4520 Calories from Fat 2846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 322 g495.2%
Saturated Fat 82.9 g414.6%
Trans Fat 40.5 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg
Sodium 2240.6 mg93.4%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 213.3 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 179.3% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to desired temperature.
2) Take a bowl and cream the shortening into it.
3) Add sugar slowly mixing thoroughly by beating.
4) Beat the egg and add it to the batter.
5) Add half of the milk and mix properly.
6) Sift flour along with baking powder and salt.
7) Add a half of it to the batter along with rest of the milk beating well.
8) Add the rest of the flour with the flavoring beating thoroughly.
9) Take layer cake tins and grease them.
10) Place batter in cake tins and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
11) Frost cake and serve as required.