- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Chocolate Gateau Recipe
|Eggs||3 (Size 2)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||30 Milliliter (2 Level Tablespoon)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Canned apricots||28 Ounce, well drained (822 Gram / 1 Can)|
|Apricot||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Apricot jam||45 Milliliter (3 Level Tablespoon)|
|Chocolate curls||2 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2948 Calories from Fat 1289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 144 g220.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 222.9 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.5%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 253 g
Protein 38 g76.1%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 80.8%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using an electric whisk, whisk together the eggs and the sugar until they are very thick and creamy, when they will hold a trail of the mixture for 5 seconds.
3. Sift the cocoa and flour into the whisked eggs and fold them in very carefully.
4. Divide the mixture equally between the prepared dishes and smooth the tops. Microwave, one dish at a time, on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Allow the sponges to stand in their dishes for 2-3 minutes before turning them out on to a rack to cool.
5. Lightly whip the cream. Cut the apricots into slices, reserving a few for decoration.
6. Place one of the chocolate sponge cakes on a serving plate, sprinkle it with half the apricot brandy or kirsch and spread it with two-thirds of the cream. Arrange half of the apricots on top of the cream.
7. Place the remaining chocolate sponge on top of the apricots and sprinkle it with the remaining apricot brandy or kirsch. Spread the remaining cream over the top. Arrange the reserved apricots and the chocolate curls on top of the gateau to decorate.
8. Put the apricot jam into a small ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until the jam is melted and boiling hot, stirring frequently. Brush the boiling jam carefully over the apricots on top of the gateau.