- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lynn's Valentine's Day-Chocolate Ganache Cake Recipe Video
|For the cake|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chocolate syrup||16 Ounce|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|For the ganache|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||8 Ounce|
|Instant coffee granules||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.9 mg
Sodium 125.3 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 50.8 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8 or 9" round cake pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper.
1. In a mixing bowl add in the butter and sugar. Cream together with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix.
3. Mix in the vanilla and chocolate syrup to the mixture.
4. Add in the flour and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Let cool thoroughly in the pan.
6. For the ganache – cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
7. Place the cake upside down on a wire rack and pour the glaze evenly over the top, make sure to cover the entire cake and sides.
8. Serve the Chocolate Ganache Cake for dessert with strawberries.
Do not refrigerate the cake.