- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Fudge Upside Down Cake Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 120.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare brown sugar syrup by melting granulated sugar in a skillet.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Grease a 9-inch pan with butter.
4. In a large basin, sift the flour along with salt, baking powder and cocoa.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
6. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
7. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Add the milk mixture alternately with the dry ingredients, beating at a low speed after each addition, in one direction.
9. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan
10. Srpinkle the walnuts on top.
11. In a small bowl, combine sugars and cocoa.
12. Gradually add the boiling water, to the mixture and stir well to get a thick paste.
13. Spread this over the nuts.
14. Place pan in the preheated oven.
15. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the a skewer comes out clean
16. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan.
17. Slice the cake.
18. Serve place or along with ice cream or custard if you like.