- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Fudge Pudding Recipe
|Self-raising flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.4 mg
Sodium 379.3 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 85.9 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt and set aside.
2) In another bowl, cream the butter or margarine and sugar until light.
3) Lightly mix the eggs and vanilla essence and slowly beat into the creamed mixture.
4) Add a little of the sifted flour with the last few additions of egg and then fold in the remaining flour, walnuts and enough milk to mix to a medium soft consistency.
5) Spoon the mixture into a well-buttered, 2- or 2 1/2-pint (1-1 1/4-litre), baking or pie dish and spread evenly.
6) Set aside while preparing the sauce.
7) In a mixing basin, combine together the soft brown sugar and cocoa powder.
8) Stir in the hot water and mix well.
9) Pour the sauce over the top of the cake mixture.
9) In a moderately hot oven (375°F, 190°C or Gas No. 5), place the pudding at once just above centre and bake for 40 minutes.
10) During baking the cake will rise to the top and the baked pudding will have a delicious chocolate sauce underneath.
11) Serve the chocolate fudge as dessert