- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Walnut Fudge Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Pound|
|Golden syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce (Or 1 Tin)|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3385 Calories from Fat 1039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186%
Saturated Fat 54.1 g270.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 159.6 mg
Sodium 447.7 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 575 g191.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 556.5 g
Protein 37 g74.4%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 99.6% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, measure the sugar and water and stir over a low flame till the sugar dissolves.
2. Add syrup and evapourated milk, bring it to a boil and cook until a small amount of the syrup, spooned into a saucer of cold water forms a soft ball.
3. All the way towards the end of the boiling time, keep stirring; turn the heat off and add butter.
4. Without stirring, allow the butter to melt on the surface and allow the fudge to cool until comfortable to touch yet warm.
5. In a basin set over a pan of hot water, break the chocolate into pieces and allow it to melt, stirring until smooth.
6. Into the fudge, add vanilla essence and chocolate and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture is creamy and blended.
7. Stir walnuts into it at once and add into a buttered, shallow 7-inch square pan and mark into squares while still warm.
8. Break into pieces when it cools down completely.
9. Serve/Use as appropriate.