- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Frosting with Heavy Cream Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.4%
Saturated Fat 37.5 g187.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.3 mg
Sodium 62.9 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add egg yolks to beat by adding sugar.
2) Add cream and salt to the egg mixture.
3) In a double boiler, place chocolate on the top part to melt in over hot water.
4) Pour the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate and stir in.
5) Place the mixture on hot water to cook by constant stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the liquid gets thick.
6) In another bowl, whip butter to a creamy consistency.
7) Gradually add chocolate mixture by 1 tablespoonful at a time and beat to blend.
8) Allow chilling the mixture till it reaches a spreadable consistency.
9) Use the frosting to spread between the layers and cover on sides and top of the 7 layer cake.