- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Complete Tutorial On How to Make Perfect Macarons Recipe Video
|For the shell:|
|Raw almonds||110 Gram|
|Powdered sugar||200 Gram|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||90 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||40 Gram|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|For the filling:|
|Dulce de leche||300 Gram|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3214 Calories from Fat 1117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.8%
Saturated Fat 44 g220.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 782.4 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 485 g161.7%
Dietary Fiber 25 g100%
Sugars 389.8 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the egg whites in a bowl, cover with plastic film and leave it in the refrigerator two days prior to making the macaroons. This is to age the egg whites and make it lose some liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a blender, add the raw almonds along with the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and grind until combined.
3. Add the aged egg whites into a stand mixer and whisk on slow and then move to medium. Add the cream of tartar when it starts foaming.
4. Once soft peaks are formed, add the sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until hard peaks are formed.
5. Add the almond-cocoa powder mix into the egg whites using a sieve. You can grind what remains in the sieve again and put it into the bowl. Stir to combine well. The batter is ready when you scoop a spoonful of it onto a plate and the peak disappears in 10 seconds.
6. Add the mix into a pastry bag and add little dollops of the batter on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let the macaroon batter dry for 15 mins to an hour. You'll know it is ready to bake when you touch the top and it is dry.
7. Pop into the oven and bake until opaque on top.
8. Spread the dulce de leche onto a macaroon and close with another macaroon.
9. Plate and serve.
TIPS: The macaroons taste best 1-2 days after making them after refrigerating. If you don't have Dulce de Leche, place a can of condensed milk in boiling water for 2 hours and use.