- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Espresso Pots du Crème Recipe Video
|Bittersweet chocolate||8 Ounce (72% baking chocolate)|
|Egg yolks||6 Large|
|Espresso powder/Dark coffee||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely ground (as needed)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)|
|Whole milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (organic)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.9 mg
Sodium 26.3 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 300°F.
2) In a small heavy saucepan, bring the heavy cream, whole milk, espresso powder (to taste) just to a boil, stirring until espresso powder is dissolved.
3) In a heat proof bowl, break up and place the chocolate, then pour the hot espresso mixture over the chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
4) Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a 1-quart measure and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
5) In another bowl, whisk the yolks and sugar together, until pale and light.
6) Then add the warm chocolate mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly until fully incorporated.
7) Line bottom of a baking pan (large enough to hold ramekins) with a folded kitchen towel and arrange ramekins on towel. Poke several holes in a large sheet of foil with a skewer.
8) Divide chocolate mixture among ramekins, then bake in a hot water bath,(bain marie) for about 30 to 35 minutes, until pots du creme are set around edges but still slightly wobbly in centers.
9) Transfer ramekins to a rack to cool completely, uncovered, about 1 hour. Chill, covered, until cold, for at least 3 hours.
10) Top the Chocolate Espresso Pots du Crème with a dollop of thickened Greek yogurt or whipped cream and chocolate chunks to serve.