- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Drops Recipe
|Dark cooking chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||185 Gram (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Polyunsaturated margarine||90 Gram (3 Tablespoons)|
|Brown sugar||90 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Eggs||2 Large (60 Gram)|
|Walnut||60 Gram, halved (1/2 Cup)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.1 mg
Sodium 192.4 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 5 g9.6%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
2) Over a greaseproof paper, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3) In a bowl, cream the margarine, brown sugar, vanilla and orange rind together.
4) Gradually beat in the eggs, then stir in the melted chocolate and dry flour mixture, mix well.
5) Grease the glass turntable of the microwave and drop over rounded teaspoons of mixture and top each with a walnut half.
6) Cook in the microwave oven for 3 minutes, then
allow to rest for 2 minutes and remove to a wire cooling tray.
7) When cool store them in an airtight tin.
8) Serve when desired.