- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3000 Calories from Fat 1102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.9%
Saturated Fat 76 g379.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 464.7 mg
Sodium 2054.8 mg85.6%
Total Carbohydrates 447 g148.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 270.5 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 63.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 61.2% Iron 86.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix in sugar thoroughly.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve soda in milk.
5. Mix and sift together the flour, salt and baking powder onto stout paper.
6. Add the dry goods to the sugar mixture alternately with milk, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
7. Grease baking sheets lightly, then drop batter in teaspoonfuls onto greased sheets.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350°F.
9. Cool on a rack.
10. When cooled, frost with any chocolate icing.