- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Date Muffins Recipe Video
|Date paste||150 Gram|
|Dark chocolate||150 Gram|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg24.2%
Sodium 138.4 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwave safe bowl, put the chocolate and melt it while stirring it every 30 seconds. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, take the date paste and heat it. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
4. In a large bowl, add eggs and sugar. Beat it till it is well combined to form a whitish mixture.
5. To this sift all purpose flour and add salt and baking powder. Mix it with a spatula till incorporated.
6. Slowly pour the melted chocolate while stirring continuously till well combined.
7. Add the date paste and mix till combined.
8. Take a cupcake pan, place cupcake liner in each hollow.
9. Using 2 spoons fill the cupcake liner to 3/4th.
10. Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 12 - 13 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes.
12. Take off the cupcake liner and place it on a cooling rack till warm.
13. In a serving plate, serve the muffins warm with tea or as dessert with ice cream.
The muffins can be baked for a few more minutes if you need it more dry.
This can also be stored in air tight container in the fridge. Just warm it before eating.