- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Custard Sauce Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg
Sodium 58.2 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.1% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a clean bowl, beat the egg yolk slightly.
2) Add sugar and salt and mix well.
3) In another bowl, blend chocolate and milk.
4) Stir the chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
5) Cook, stirring constantly, over hot water for 20 minutes or until mixture is thickened and coats the back of metal spoon.
6) Stir in vanilla, cool and chill.
7) Serve on pudding, ice cream or fruit as desired.