- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
|Fine cookie crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 985 Calories from Fat 535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.2%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.2 mg67.1%
Sodium 551.7 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 66.6 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn and press firmly to line an 8-inch flan ring set on a flat plate, or a fluted removable-bottom flan pan. Refrigerate until required.
3. In small saucepan, heat the milk to scalding point.
4. In a large mixing bowl, blend the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and beaten eggs.
5. Gradually add the lukewarm milk and whisk until well blended.
6. Return mixture to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until thick and bubbly.
7. Taking pan off the heat, stir in butter, chocolate, and brandy, until melted and smooth. Allow mixture to cool
8. Pour into the crumb crust shell and dust with confectioners' sugar.
9. Refrigerate to chill and set.
10. Whip cream with the milk until thick and stiff.
11. Spread evenly over the chocolate-filling.
12. Garnish with coarsely grated chocolate.
13. Cut into wedges and serve chilled.