- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cream Danette Style Recipe Video
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (very high quality)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.6 mg7.2%
Sodium 107.9 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.4%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and sea salt together using a whisk. Break all the lumps.
2. In a separate small bowl, dilute the corn starch with some cold milk. Mix until very smooth. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, add the milk and the heavy cream. Then add the chocolate mixture.
4. Cook on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until all the dry mixture is dissolved. Whisk continuously.
5. After 3 minutes of cooking the chocolate milk, add the vanilla extract and continue cooking on medium-low heat until you see steam coming out from the milk and the surface of the milk starting to form bubbles on the sides. It's going to be right under the boiling point.
6. Add the diluted corn starch while whisking the chocolate milk continuously. Within a few seconds the cream will start thickening. Keep stirring and the moment the cream thickens remove from the heat.
7. Pour the chocolate cream in small cups and let it sit on your kitchen counter for 15 minutes to cool down a bit. Then place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
8. In a serving bowl, serve the dip cold with cookies.