- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe Video
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherry||8 Large|
Calories 531 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.3 mg
Sodium 93.6 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.64%
Sugars 58.2 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 0.63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the powdered sugar, margarine, condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix in a dough.
2. Drain maraschino cherries with stem on a paper towel.
3. Take a small amount of the dough and flatten it on the palm of your hand. Place each cherry on it and wrap the dough around it.
4. Place the cherries on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Place on the freezer for an hour.
6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt some dipping chocolate.
7. Dip each cherry in the chocolate and place on the wax paper.
8. Chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets up.
9. Place them on a bright red platter and serve.