- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Covered Bananas Recipe Video
|Dark chocolate||4 Ounce (with 70% or higher cocoa level)|
|Coconut butter/Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts/Pecans||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Bananas||8 Medium, frozen and topped (4-8, with wooden skewers/ plastic knives inserted into them)|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.1 mg
Sodium 4.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the bananas and chop off their ends. Put wooden skewers/ plastic knives through them, lengthwise. In a small tray, lay a piece of parchment paper and place the bananas. Freeze them for 2.5 hours, until they are hard.
2. Chop the walnuts finely.
3. In a non stick pan, heat the dark chocolate, along with the coconut butter/ olive oil, until it melts completely.
4. In a mixing bowl, using a balloon whisk. Mix the molten dark chocolate along with the chopped walnuts.
5. In a deep bottomed glass, pour the chocolate-walnut mixture.
6. Using the skewer, dip the frozen bananas, into the glass. The bananas should be coated up to 85 percent of their length, by the chocolate.
8. On a tray lined with parchment paper, place the chocolate coated bananas and let them cool.
9. Serve cooled as a healthy dessert.