- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Vegan Zombie's Chocolate Coconut Mousse - Valentine Day's Dessert Recipe Video
|Canned coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Agar agar||1 Tablespoon|
|Agave nectar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|For toasted almonds|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Agave nectar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.2%
Saturated Fat 29 g145.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 198.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan pour in the coconut milk and bring to boil.
2. Add in the agar – agar. Whisk well, add in the agave nectar and whisk. Bring to a boil and low the heat, simmer for 10 minutes stirring continuously.
3. Take off the saucepan from the stove and strain the coconut mixture.
4. Put back the mixture into a cleaned saucepan. Turn on the stove to low, bring to light simmer.
5. Stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir continuously until the chocolates are melt, for 3 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into glass and place in refrigerator to chill.
7. For toasted almonds – in a pan add in the almonds and toast on medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Place the almonds into the blending jar and add in the sea salt. Pulse for few seconds.
9. Add in the agave and pulse again.
10. Take out the chocolate from the fridge and place in a food processor jar. Pulse for few minutes.
11. In a martini glass add in the almonds, top it with strawberries and chocolate. Serve and enjoy!