- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Coconut Bars Recipe Video
|Chocolate wafers||14 Ounce, crushed|
|Confectioners sugar/Caster sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, melted, cooled|
|Unsweetened coconut||14 Ounce, shredded (or sweetened coconut)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||14 Ounce (chips/ pieces)|
Calories 1019 Calories from Fat 543
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 41.3 g206.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.8 mg
Sodium 433.3 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 83.6 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl put the chocolate crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix it well – until all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Press them evenly into a lightly buttered 13×9 pan.
4. In a bowl put the coconut and condensed milk and mix well. Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie crust.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden.
6. Remove from oven and cool down completely.
7. In a small pan pour the cream and bring to the start of a boil. When you see small bubbles on the sides of the pan remove from the heat.
8. In a bowl, put the chocolate, pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes.
9. Vigorously mix the cream and chocolate until you have a glossy and even frosting.
10. Pour the chocolate ganache over the cooked and cooled coconut. Spread it evenly.
11. Cover the pan with plastic wrap – without touching the chocolate – and refrigerate for 2 hours.
12. Remove from fridge and cut bars as large or small as you like.
13. In a serving plate, serve the bars as dessert chilled.