- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Coated Party Cakes Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (sweetened)|
|Chocolate glaze||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2054 Calories from Fat 938
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.3%
Saturated Fat 61.3 g306.5%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 1071.8 mg
Sodium 381 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.4%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 96.5 g
Protein 43 g85.8%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 32.9% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat egg whites until frothy; add 1/3 cup sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks are formed.
3. Fold egg yolk mixture into beaten whites until blended. Sprinkle about one fourth of the flour at a time over the egg mixture; fold together gently until just blended after each addition.
4. Turn batter into 12 greased (bottoms only) 2 1/4x 1 1/4-inch muffin pan wells, filling each about two thirds full.
5. Bake at 325°F 18 minutes, or until delicately browned.
6. Cool slightly; run a spatula gently around sides of cakes; lift out and set on wire racks to cool.
7. Cut a thin slice from bottom of each cake and carefully hollow out the cake. Fill with sweetened whipped cream and replace cake slice. Spoon Chocolate Glaze over tops of cakes and allow glaze to set slightly before serving.