- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Recipe
|For the roll|
|Margarine||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon, To Grease Tin)|
|Eggs||3 Medium, beaten|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram, plus 30 ml (2 tbsp) to sugar paper)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce, sifted (75 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Pinch (Good Pinch)|
|Hot water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|For the filling|
|Double cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Kirsch||22 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Icing sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.1 mg
Sodium 96.2 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 425°F (225°C/Gas 7) and grease and line a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in) Swiss roll tin.
2. In a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture leaves a trail when the beater is lifted.
3. Using a metal spoon, carefully fold in the flour, cinnamon, cocoa and salt.
4. Put in the hot water and stir carefully, making sure that all the ingredients are well blended.
5. Into the prepared tin pour and let it bake for 7—9 minutes until firm.
6. Keep ready a sheet of greaseproof paper and place it on top of a damp cloth sprinkling with the extra 30 ml (2 tbsp) caster sugar.
7. Take out the cake from the oven and turn immediately on to the sugared paper.
8. Peel off the lining paper.
9. While still hot, trim the edges of the cake and roll up with the sugared paper to cool.
10. Whip the cream until firm and gradually beat in the kirsch.
11. Gently unrolling the cake spread with the cream.
12. Roll up again without the paper, and hold in place for a few minutes.
13. Dredge the roll with icing sugar and make a pattern of criss-cross lines with a hot skewer.