- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 cup+ 2 tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.7%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.3 mg
Sodium 275.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 65.9 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 11% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a food processor add butter and brown sugar. Blend and mix it well.
3. Then put egg and vanilla extract. Beat well and place the mixture in a large mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Using a spatula, mix and combine them together.
6. Throw ½ cup chocolate chips in bowl and mix.
7. In 8x8- inch baking pan, pour mixture. Spread it in an even layer. Place it in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Take the baking dish out of the oven and while it is still hot, spread ½ cup chocolate chips on top.
9. When chips melt spread it evenly over cookie. Allow it to cool, and then cut into pieces.
10. Serve chocolate cookies at teatime or even and after meal sweat treat. Goes well with a tall glass of cold milk!
Bake for 30 minutes if you want your cookie to be chewy and 35 minutes for it to be crunchy.