- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (Divided, 1 Cup)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.8 mg
Sodium 204.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 4 cup microwaveable baking dish.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
3. Use a wire whisk or an electric beater to whisk until light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and salt and beat until well blended.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into the creamed mixture.
6. Stir lightly until smooth. Do not over beat
7. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate pieces and the nuts.
8. Turn into baking dish and spread evenly
9. Scatter remaining chocolate pieces on top
10. Cook cake in the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, until skewer comes out clean
11. Let stand until cooled.
12. Cut into bars or squares.
13. Wrap individually or arrange on a platter.