- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Chiffon Cake Recipe
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|English walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely ground 1/3 cup|
|Cake flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted before measuring 1/3 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Hulled raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2982 Calories from Fat 2083
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g365.4%
Saturated Fat 129.6 g648.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1540.7 mg
Sodium 459.6 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g60.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.8%
Sugars 120.6 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 170.4% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 50.5% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat together eggs and superfine sugar until very thick, pale and fluffy.
3. Fold in ground nuts with a metal spoon.
4. Sift flour once more, then fold into the nut mixture lightly but thoroughly.
5. Fold in the melted butter.
6. Spread the batter evenly over the prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until sponge is springy in the center.
7. Remove sponge from oven. Loosen edges from pan with a knife point, then invert onto a sheet of wax paper sprinkled with sifted confectioners' sugar.
8. Peel off the lining paper, now on top of the cake. Cool.
9. Trim edges of sponge when cooled.
10. Beat the cream for the filling stiffly. Sweeten lightly with sugar if you wish.
11. Spread cream over sponge.
12. Reserve a few raspberries for garnishing, spread the rest on the cream, leaving outside 1/2 inch of cream-covered sponge without fruit.
13. Lift one long side of sponge by raising the paper it lies on. Tip it over so that it almost meets the other long edge.
14. Then tip the whole roll so that the cut edges overlap underneath.
15. Fold the paper to enclose the roll.
16. Chill it for 30 minutes.
17. Beat cream for covering stiffly, adding sugar and vanilla while beating.
18. Cover the roll with the cream and garnish with reserved raspberries.