- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Millionaire's Shortbread Recipe Video
|For the base|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Condensed milk sweetened||14 Ounce|
|White corn syrup||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the topping|
|Chocolate bars||3 (Aero chocolate bars)|
Calories 560 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.9 mg
Sodium 90 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 49.6 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need9x13 pan
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar and butter.
4. Using a pastry cutter, crumble the butter with the flour until you get a coarse meal texture.
5. Pour the base mixture in the baking pan; press it down for form an even single layer.
6. Bake it for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. In a pot pour condensed milk, butter, corn syrup and brown sugar, over medium heat bring it to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the crust once done and pour the caramel all over the crust, allow it to cool in the refrigerator just until the caramel sets.
9. In a Pyrex container, melt the aero chocolate bar in the microwave or double boiler.
10. Once done pour the melted chocolate over the set caramel, spread it evenly.
11. And place it in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
12. Once the chocolate is set remove from the refrigerator and cut.
13. Serve the millionaire’s shortbread after a hearty meal.