- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Caramel Bars Recipe
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate chips||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Caramels||10 Ounce (1 Package, Unwrapped)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3474 Calories from Fat 1991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g343.4%
Saturated Fat 87.5 g437.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.6 mg81.9%
Sodium 1656.7 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 354 g118%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 251.4 g
Protein 50 g100.1%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 62.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and chocolate.
2) Into an 8-inch foil lined baking pan, spread half of the mixture. Chill for about 15 minutes.
3) In a saucepan, melt the water, caramels and the remaining butter. Stir well till the mixture is smooth.
4) Add the nuts and stir well.
5) Spread the mixture over the chilled chocolate layer. Chill for another 15 minutes.
6) Melt the remaining chocolate mixture again, if required, and spread over the layer of caramel.
7) Chill the layers for a minimum of 60 minutes. Cut into bars.
8) Serve the Chocolate Caramel Bars as preferred. These make a good dessert as well as a quick, delectable snack.