- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Chocolate Cake Topped With Caramel Sauce Recipe Video
|For caramel sauce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Brewed coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (strong brewed coffee)|
|Canola oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.2 mg
Sodium 280.7 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 50.5 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X9 pan with cooking spray and line with a parchment paper.
2. For caramel sauce – in a saucepan, add in the sugar, water and corn starch. Bring to a boil and cook until calamalize.
3. Turn off the heat and pour in the heavy cream. Stirring continuously until everything is well dissolved. Set aside in a glass jar.
4. In a bowl, sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. In a second bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla and coffee.
6. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until ingredients are combined.
7. Transfer batter to prepared pan and spread evenly. The pan will appear to be quite full.
8. Bake cake at 350°F for 40–45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
10. When completely cool, spread with caramel sauce over it.
11. Slice the cake and serve for dessert.