- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), mashed|
|Eggs||2 Small, beaten|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3606 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 45 g224.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.7 mg
Sodium 4511.4 mg188%
Total Carbohydrates 716 g238.7%
Dietary Fiber 56.3 g225.4%
Sugars 312.7 g
Protein 81 g162.2%
Vitamin A 38% Vitamin C 79.1%
Calcium 264.3% Iron 227.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix sugar, butter and mashed potatoes.
2. Add eggs and whip until creamy.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder (2 tablespoon), salt, nutmeg, and cocoa together.
4. Mix alternately with milk to egg mixture.
5. Let it chill for 2 hours.
6. Lightly flour a board and roll the dough 1/2" thick.
7. Cut with doughnut cutter.
8. In a vessel heat fat (365°) and fry the pieces for 3 minutes.
9. Drain on paper towel.