- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cake with Raw Cacao, Walnuts and Dates Recipe Video
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), raw, hulled|
|Agave||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (agave nectar)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted and chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cacao bean||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), powdered (raw cacao)|
|Coconut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Berries||1 Medium (for garnish)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for garnish)|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 109.1 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.4%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bowl of a food processor, drop the walnuts and pulse it for 20 seconds until it reduces to flour like consistency. Do not overdo it.
2. Add in the chopped dates, agave nectar, raw cacao, vanilla extract, salt and the coconut oil.
3. Pulse for about 4 times and then process for about 15 seconds until the mixture comes together.
4. Empty it on a plate and use hands to give it the shape of a cake.
5. Garnish with coconut flakes and berries of your choice and serve.