- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Dark brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Self raising wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Cocoa||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|For the filling:|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Milk||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4259 Calories from Fat 2131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 243 g373.5%
Saturated Fat 147.2 g736.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1190.6 mg396.9%
Sodium 2440.8 mg101.7%
Total Carbohydrates 514 g171.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66.1%
Sugars 365.9 g
Protein 48 g95.2%
Vitamin A 143.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 85.2% Iron 89.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and cocoa and fold in using a metal spoon. Stir in enough milk to give a very soft dropping consistency.
3. spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the cake a quarter turn three times during cooking. Allow the cake to stand in its dish for 5 minutes, then turn it out and cool it on a wire rack.
4. To make the filling, cream the butter until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the sugar.
5. Break the chocolate into small pieces, place in a small ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on LOW for 2-2 1/2 minutes until melted. Stir into the butter mixture with the milk and beat until smooth.
6. Cut the cake in half and sandwich it together with half of the icing. Swirl the rest of the icing on top of the cake with a palette knife.