- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Rice Crispy Bar Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crisp rice cereal||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|For the icing|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butterscotch chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.13 mg
Sodium 287.1 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 38.6 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the chocolate bar: In a large saucepan on medium heat, add and combine sugar with corn syrup. Stirring continuously bring it to a boil or until the sugar has melted completely.
2. Once it starts boiling, switch off the heat and add in the peanut butter, rice cereal and mix until combined.
3. Take a greased 9 x 13 baking pan and evenly add the above mixture into it. Gently pat it down for even sized bars.
4. For the icing: In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Microwave it in the oven at high for about 1 minute stirring in between 20 seconds interval for a smooth texture.
5. Once done, pour the chocolate over the rice crispy mixture evenly and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
6. Serve these chocolate butterscotch cereal cut into desired pieces.