- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Butter Cookies Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated bitter chocolate||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coffee||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 68.3 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl, melt butter for 25 seconds, add sugar and egg and whip till mixture becomes bubbly.
2. Add baking powder, sifted flour, nuts, chocolate, vanilla and salt and keep in the refrigerator for about half an hour till mixture rises.
3. Make 1 inch diameter balls.
4. Take a baking dish, add sugar and roll the balls to coat with sugar.
5. Take a different baking dish, line with wax paper and arrange 11 or 12 balls, with 1½ inch space between two balls.
6. Immerse a wine glass bottom in sugar and use this to flatten the balls.
7. Cook for about 3½ minutes.
8. Repeat the process with the remaining cookies.
9. Serve with coffee.