- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Style Chocolate Brownies Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce, softened (115 Gram, Plus Extra For Greasing)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce (170 Grams)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, softened (For Greasing)|
|Free range chicken||2|
|Free range eggs||2|
|Plain chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram, Minimum 65% Cocoa Solids)|
|Pecans||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee granules||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1984 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.6%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g93.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7956.8 mg331.5%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.8%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.6%
Sugars 225.3 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 51.5% Iron 65.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare the cake tin. Grease an 18cm/7in square cake tin and line with non-stick baking parchment.
3. In a clean bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4. Chop the chocolate and put to one side.
5. Chop the pecans, if using. Gently fold the nuts and chocolate into the butter and egg mixture. Add the vanilla extract.
6. Dissolve the coffee granules in two tablespoons of warm water and add to the mixture. Mix together well.
7. Add the baking powder, then sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well; the mixture will be quite wet.
8. Spoon the brownie batter into the prepared tin and level out the top with a spatula.
9. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for ten minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
10. To serve, cut into rectangles and dust with icing sugar