- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
|Bread cubes||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Standard Crouton Size From Fresh Anadama, Oatmeal, Challah, Cinnamon / White Bread)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate||6 Ounce, grated|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, grated|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3976 Calories from Fat 2299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.3%
Saturated Fat 152 g760.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1547.5 mg
Sodium 2578 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 373 g124.5%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109%
Sugars 208.9 g
Protein 72 g144.4%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 85.4% Iron 167.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat the cream over low heat in a small saucepan. Add chocolates and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely dissolved. Place mixture in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add sugar, egg yolks, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon, and process until smooth. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
4. Place egg whites and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl and whisk or beat with an electric mixer until the whites form stiff peaks.
5. Gradually add whites, by hand, to chocolate mixture and gently combine until incorporated. Place in baking dish.
6. Place the baking dish in a roasting pan filled with enough water to surround the pudding dish halfway up its size. Bake for 35 minutes, or until pudding just begins to set.
7. While bread is warm, scoop out individual servings. This is great with whipped cream