- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Beet Bundt Cake With Pecans Recipe
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter stick||3⁄4 Pound (Use 3 Sticks, At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 Large (Jumbo Sized)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Beets||2 Medium, peeled, cut into pieces and very finely chopped|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), at room temperature|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7177 Calories from Fat 3594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 413 g635.8%
Saturated Fat 205.5 g1027.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1805.9 mg
Sodium 1357.1 mg56.5%
Total Carbohydrates 851 g283.6%
Dietary Fiber 86.8 g347.3%
Sugars 475.1 g
Protein 125 g249.7%
Vitamin A 203.1% Vitamin C 51.1%
Calcium 119.8% Iron 276.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the flour with the pecans; toss well to coat and set aside. Into a medium bowl, sift the remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup cocoa powder with the baking powder 3 times; set aside.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter until silvery and light, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, then beat on high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. With the mixer on low, beat in the eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Add the beets and mix until incorporated. By hand, stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, using about 4 additions of the dry and 3 of milk and beating just enough to mix after each addition. Fold in the pecans and any dredging flour.
5. Spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the cake has pulled away from the sides and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean; the top will crack slightly.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack. To unmold, loosen around the edge and central tube with a thin spatula, then invert onto the rack and let cool for 1 hour. Just before serving, dust the cake lightly with confectioners' sugar.