- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Beer Cake Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped (Optional)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, melted and cooled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4441 Calories from Fat 2268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.5%
Saturated Fat 143.4 g716.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 842.3 mg
Sodium 1426.1 mg59.4%
Total Carbohydrates 495 g165.1%
Dietary Fiber 28.3 g113.2%
Sugars 269.7 g
Protein 61 g122.3%
Vitamin A 107.4% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 67.8% Iron 190.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and dust 2 (8-inch) round cake pans.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. On top of a double boiler or pan of simmering water, melt chocolate in a bowl until smooth. Take off heat and let cool slightly.
4. In the mean time, into a medium bowl, sift remaining flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
5. In a mixing bowl of an electric beater, combine butter and sugar.
6. Beat the mixture until light and creamy.
7. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
8. Blend in the melted chocolate to make a thick rich and smooth mixture.
9. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients in batches, alternating with beer until batter is smooth and free of lumps. Do not overbeat.
10. Stir in walnuts, if using.
11. Divide the batter equally between the two pans and spread evenly.
12. Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until spongy to touch. A skewer should come out clean when inserted in the center of cake.
13. Remove cakes from oven and allow cooling in pans for 5 minutes.
14. Invert them on wire racks and leave cool completely before frosting.
15. In a bowl, add butter and confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
16. Blend in beer and melted chocolate until smooth and creamy.
17. Allow the frosting to cool.
18. Sandwich cakes with chocolate frosting and cover top and sides as well.
19. You can decorate the cake with additional walnut halves if you wish.
20. Carefully transfer frosted cake on serving platter.
21. Cut into wedges and serve.