- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Bars Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Rice krispies||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Miniature marshmallows||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10271 Calories from Fat 5381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 622 g956.4%
Saturated Fat 216.3 g1081.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg
Sodium 5004.9 mg208.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1073 g357.5%
Dietary Fiber 64.6 g258.4%
Sugars 575.8 g
Protein 225 g450.6%
Vitamin A 186.5% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 93.6% Iron 287.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Mix butter or margarine and sugar, creaming well and beat in eggs and flavorings.
3) In a separate bowl, mix together flour, nuts, cocoa, baking powder and salt and blend with egg mixture.
4) Take 2 greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pans; layer the mixture on bottom of them and bake in oven for about 20 minutes until done.
5) Remove from oven and top evenly with marshmallows.
6) Bake for a further 3 minutes and let cool.
7) Place a small pan on stove; melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat and stir until chocolate is melted.
8) Add in rice krispies, stir and layer this chocolate mixture over cooled mixture in pans and chill.
9) Refrigerate after cutting into bars.
10) Serve cold.