- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe Video
|Cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon (organic)|
|Brown rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)|
|Tapioca flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (organic)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (gluten free)|
|Chia seed||2 Tablespoon (organic)|
|Cane sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Earth balance||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to grease pan)|
|Xanthan gum||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 206.9 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 53 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl take earth balance and cane sugar, whisk with hand mixer, until light an fluffy.
3. Peel banana and add in the sugar mixture.
4. Grind the chias in coffee grinder. Keep that in a bowl pour in water and make paste, set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl take brown rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and sea salt.
6. Stir in cocoa powder and mix.
7. Add in the chia mixture in the wet mixture whisk well.
8. Combine dry and wet mixture together.
9. Add in the walnuts. Mix well the batter.
10. Grease the baking dish with coconut oil.
11. Pour the mixture in the baking dish, bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
12. Turn the oven off and cook for 10 minutes more.
13. Cool for 30 minutes.
14. Serve banana bread with tea and enjoy!