- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate Angel Food Roll Recipe
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (1 Heaping Tablespoon)|
|Cocoa||2 Ounce (Hershey'S, 2 Heaping Tablespoons)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||3 Ounce (3 Heaping Tablespoons)|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.2 mg
Sodium 55.9 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.7% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, beat egg yolks until fluffy.
3) Into this bowl, sift together granulated sugar, flour and cocoa. Mix well.
4) In another bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites.
5) Into this, fold in the egg yolk mixture.
6) In a 15 1/2 X 10 X 1 inches jelly roll pan, lined with wax paper, pour this mixture, evenly.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
8) After baking, remove from oven.
9) On a soft cloth or dish towel, placed on a cutting board or cookie sheet, flip the roll out and remove the wax paper immediately.
10) Cool well.
11) Meanwhile, whip 1 cup of whipping cream along with confectioners sugar and vanilla
12) On top of the roll, spread the whipped mixture.
13) Gently roll the cake up in cloth.
14) Refrigerate thoroughly.
15) Slice and serve, topped with chocolate sauce and sweetened whipped cream. Use the remaining whipped cream for topping.
You can make this the day before and slice just before serving.