- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate and Orange Tart Recipe
|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1 (made with 175 g/6 oz flour)|
|Marmalade||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soft margarine||2 Ounce (tub, 50 g)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 g)|
|Cocoa powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Concentrated orange juice||2 Tablespoon, undiluted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1885 Calories from Fat 947
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g162.3%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g147.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1858.9 mg77.5%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 71.1 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat an electric oven to 190°C/375°F or Gas oven at Mark 5.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and line a 7 inch flan ring placed on a baking sheet, reserve the dough trimmings.
3) Spread the marmalade at the bottom of the prepared flan ring.
4) In a bowl, beat all the sponge ingredients together, until thoroughly mixed.
5) Turn the mixture over the marmalade in the prepared pastry shell.
6) Roll out the dough trimmings and cut into 1/4 inch strips to make a lattice on top of the flan.
7) Brush the ends of the strips with water, arrange over the sponge in a lattice pattern.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sponge is firm.
9) Allow to cool on a wire rack and then remove the flan ring.
10) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then place in a freezer bag , seal, label and freeze.
11) Serve the Chocolate and Orange Tart on a serving platter.
12) If using the frozen dish, unwrap, then thaw at room temperature for 4 hours and serve as indicated in step 11.