- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate and Orange Mousse Recipe
|Plain chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce, powdered|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.8 mg
Sodium 50.4 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Finely grate the orange rind.
2) Squeeze the juice from the orange and place in a small bowl.
3) Sprinkle in the gelatine in orange juice and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
4) In a saucepan, break the chocolate and add 1/4 pint (1 1/2 dl) of the milk.
5) Stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture blended.
6) Add the remaining milk and the orange rind and leave over low heat until the flavours infuse and the milk is hot but not boiling.
7) Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in one basin and the whites together in a second basin.
8) Add the sugar to the yolks and cream thoroughly.
9) Slowly add the hot flavoured milk, blend well and return the mixture to the milk saucepan.
10) Add the soaked gelatine and stir over low heat until the gelatine has dissolvedâ€”this will take only a few moments.
11) Remove pan from heat and strain the mixture nto a large bowl.
2) Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming.
13) When cold and beginning to thicken, stiffly beat the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
14) Pour into a serving dish and chill until set firm.
15) Serve the chocolate and orange mousse as dessert.