- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate and Orange Jelly Cake Recipe
|Agar agar||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh orange juice||3⁄4 Pint|
|Raw cane granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark dessert chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||6 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Pared orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg
Sodium 7.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 39.6%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the orange juice and add agar agar on top.
2) Then, stir in the sugar.
3) On high power, heat for 2 minutes or until the mix starts boiling.
4) To this, add the ginger.
5) Into a 1 pint jelly mould, pour the liquid and let it set.
6) Once set, unmould onto a serving dish.
7) Then, break up the chocolate and transfer to a large glass measuring jug.
8) On high power, heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the surface of the chocolate starts glistening.
9) Then, stir in the oil and continue to melt for 20 seconds more, if required.
10) Over the jelly, pour the melted chocolate and let stand, until the chocolate is almost set.
11) Then, remove the white pith and cut the orange rind into thin strips.
12) In a small bowl, put these and cover with some water.
13) On high power, cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the strips become tender. Do not let the mixture boil over.
14) Drain thoroughly and cool. Then, on kitchen paper, dry the strips.
15) On the cake, arrange the strips in a sunray pattern.
16) Let stand, until the chocolate is set, before serving.
17) Serve the Chocolate and Orange Jelly Cake cold.