- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chocolate and Mint Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Soft margarine||75 Gram (For 75 grams basic cupcake mix)|
|Caster sugar||75 Gram (For 75 grams basic cupcake mix)|
|Self-raising flour||75 Gram (For 75 grams basic cupcake mix)|
|Egg||1 Large (For 75 grams basic cupcake mix)|
|Cocoa powder||15 Gram (For 75 grams basic cupcake mix)|
|After dinner mints||16 Medium|
|Dark chocolate||25 Gram|
|Icing sugar||120 Gram, divided (100gram for the icing and remaining to dust)|
|Soft butter||50 Gram (for the butter-cream)|
|Pale mint green color||2 Drop (for the butter-cream)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2734 Calories from Fat 1182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g203.9%
Saturated Fat 53.3 g266.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 321 mg
Sodium 1575.3 mg65.6%
Total Carbohydrates 379 g126.5%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 295.9 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 34.4% Iron 51.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make the butter-cream frosting:
1. In a large bowl add soft butter and whisk together until soft and creamy.
2. Sift the icing sugar a little at a time whisking to incorporate.
3. Repeat until all the sugar is incorporated.
To make the cupcake mix:
4. In a bowl add butter and caster sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Gradually add the beaten egg and whisk until well incorporated.
6. Sift flour and fold it into the mix until all the flour is incorporated.
7. Add cocoa powder to the cupcake mix at the same time as the flour
8. Fold in the cocoa powder.
9. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
10. Fill a paper case around 1/4 full with the mixture.
11. Place chocolate mint on top.
12. Add some more mixture until 1/2 full.
13. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
14. Allow it to cool.
15. Spread some mint flavored butter-cream evenly over the surface.
16. Place a chocolate mint on the top
17. Spoon butter-cream into a piping bag
18. Pipe the icing on top of the cupcake working around the top.
19. Melt some dark chocolate in a double boiler and spoon it into a piping bag.
20. Pipe thin lines of the melted chocolate on the decorated cake.
21. Sprinkle some fine dust of icing sugar and serve.